MSD Awareness & Prevention- One-Day Certificate Course
Duration: Full Day
Format: Lecture, practical demonstrations, group work, practice
Maximum recommended participants: 20
Who does this training benefit?
This training is suitable to safety leaders, managers & supervisors, and JHSC members. Anyone in the organization who wishes to gain a broader understanding of ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) prevention or who has been designated to perform workplace inspections can benefit from this training.
WHAT DO PARticipants learn?
Participants learn the foundations of ergonomics and MSD prevention including what MSDs are, how to identify MSD hazards in the workplace, and are introduced to our ErgoSchool™ Pillars for Prevention for MSD prevention. By the end of the course, participants will have the confidence to use a workplace inspection checklist to identify MSD hazards, and will be able to develop practical solutions to control hazards. Topics include:
• What is Ergonomics?
• Why do we need to use Ergonomics?
• The impact of Ergonomics?
• Ontario's MSD Prevention Program
• What are musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)?
• Signs and symptoms of MSDs
• Hazards that contribute to MSDs
• Identifying MSD hazards in the workplace
• How to use hazard ID checklists
• How to develop an action plan for MSD prevention
• How to control hazards in the industrial environment
• How to control hazards in the office environment